Friday, June 19, 2009

The Wedding and other stuff

So, so sorry for being such a bad blogger but my topic is life and that comes first. SO, what has been going on....

You have been hearing about my young friend Nikki's wedding. The glorious day finally came and, of course, she was a beautiful, glowing bride. Nikki's wedding was as she is: simply elegant, heartfelt, and happy. She had a beautiful red and white theme which made the event "glow!"

I offered to host a shower for her but she meekly asked me instead if I could help her with some creative ideas for her reception. She and her new husband, Ryan, have lost family recently to cancer and made a donation in honor and memory of those loved ones to the American Cancer Society in lieu of "wedding favors." She asked me to do a table card to let all of their guests know of it AND she and her mom were making cookies (such a sweet, homey treat!) for the guests to take away as a thank-you so she needed thank you tags for them.



Of course I plowed into the challenge with a loving heart. I have to say that if not for my trusty Cricut die-cutting machine, these items would not have happened. I renamed my studio, the Nikki wedding garden, for the 3 weeks leading up to the event.


The photos show the examples. There were 28 acrylic 4" x 6" frames for the tables and 135 Thank you tags for the cookies.

The stamp used on the tag was from the Simply Senitiments set from Close To Your Heart as was the textured white cardstock. The die used was from the BIG SHOT from Sizzix. I used 2 different red cardstocks from Close To My Heart and red/white rhinestones for the centers. The 2 greens for the leaves were also CTMH cardstock.

Here is a photo of the whole wedding party. Our daughter Emory was the Matron of Honor, third from the left, bottom row.


Thanks Nikki and Ryan for letting me help. We all wish you many, many years of happiness!!!

Tee

No comments:

Post a Comment