Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Different Personalities

My sign is Gemini so I definitely have 2 different personalities; those that know me well have adapted. The reason I am sharing this is that the 3 cards I am showing today are totally different and, if I didn't know better, would have assumed they would have been done by 3 different people.

It just goes to show you that I am influenced by whatever mood I may be in; the stamps or paper I may be using; or, even why I am making the card.

The first is a Thank You to a dear family friend for leaving me various vegetables from her garden. It is such a delight to come home and a bag of squash, green beans, or corn are left hanging on our front door knob. I simply used scraps of a set from Close To My Heart called Let's Get Together, some pop dots, and a bit of ribbon.

The white card is a sympathy card to some friends who just lost their parents very closely together. I just ran white textured cardstock through the Cuttlebug on the Damask folder, stamped the greeting and tied a bit of grey ribbon around the card. I did line the front of the card with grey cardstock to match the ribbon and ink. This card is a regular 4.25" x 5.5" card turned sideways with an off center fold.

The final card is one to send to a friend that is having a difficult time healthwise and could use some lifting up. The inspiration was a new stamp set from Our Daily Bread called "Ask, Seek, Knock." It is one of my favorite verses of the Bible and I was thrilled to find it in rubber!

For this card I stamped the door and the verse with chocolate ink on kraft cardstock and mounted it on cream then on Twilight cardstock. All my cardstock and most patterned papers come from Close To My Heart. I inked the outer edges with chocolate and colored in the door with markers, again from Close To My Heart. The ribbon is chocolate and the buttons are vintage from my stash.

Someday I may have a certain "style" that will be recognizeable but for now, you never know how things will turn out.

Have a great week!

Tee

No comments:

Post a Comment